ACLS Provider Course - August 11 & 12, 2020
||2 Day Course
10465 Melody Dr.
Northglenn, CO 80234
NOTICE: If you have already finished the online portion of the Blended Learning BLS course, then you may sign up for and complete your BLS Hands On Session during your ACLS course. You can sign up for the Hands On Session when you register for your acls course. This does NOT include the online key for the online portion. You may purchase the online key here.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR CURRENT ACLS TEXTBOOK OR EBOOKS TO CLASS. REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS ARE NOT INCLUDED. IF YOU DO NOT OWN OR HAVE ACCESS TO THE REQUIRED TEXTBOOK BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER CLASS YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A COPY.
It covers identification and treatment of patients with medical conditions who are at risk for cardiac arrest. Primary and secondary assessment survey and actions needed, algorithms for treatment of emergency situations and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
Arrhythmia recognition is reviewed but it is expected that the student will have a working knowledge of EKG rhythms. Practice with defibrillators and external pacemaker is included. The assessment and care of a patient experiencing an acute coronary syndrome or stroke is also included.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
You must do the following items to prepare for the ACLS course.
- Understand the 10 Core Cases in the ACLS Provider eBook.
- Understand the ACLS algorithms for the Core Cases in the ACLS eBook.
- Complete the ACLS Self-Assessment Tests on the. You can take it over until you get a score of 86 % or greater. Print the completed certificate and bring to the class. You cannot take the class if this is not completed and presented at the beginning of the class. This is an AHA requirement for a course completion card. Without the pretest, we cannot issue a card.