Heartsaver CPR AED First Aid
June 15, 2022
Joyful Journeys Community Center
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concept of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Demonstrate giving effective breaths by using mouth to mouth or a mask for all ages
- Demonstrate performing high-quality CPR for an adult, a child, and an infant
- Demonstrate using an AED on an adult and on a child
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant 2020 Guidelines
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers • Describe the key steps in first aid • Demonstrate removing protective gloves • Demonstrate finding the problem • Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke • Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant • Demonstrate how to help a choking infant • Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen • Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging • Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries • Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping • Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury • Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers NOTE: Course objectives vary based on the course topics taught.
Sorry, this event is expired and no longer available.